Mouse Diversity Genotyping Array - Background
The Mouse Diversity Genotyping Array was designed by Center investigators Drs. Fernando Pardo-Manuel de Villena and Gary Churchill. This single, custom Affymetrix array can simultaneously assay over 600,000 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) and over 900,000 invariant genomic probes (IGPs) in a mouse DNA sample.
High-resolution sex-specific linkage maps of the mouse reveal polarized distribution of crossovers in male germline.
Liu EY, Morgan AP, Chesler EJ, Wang W, Churchill GA, Pardo-Manuel de Villena F.
Genetics. 2014 May;197(1):91-106. doi: 10.1534/genetics.114.161653. Epub 2014 Feb 27. [Full Text]
Imputation of single-nucleotide polymorphisms in inbred mice using local phylogeny.
Wang JR, de Villena FP, Lawson HA, Cheverud JM, Churchill GA, McMillan L.
Genetics. 2012 Feb; 190(2):449-58. doi: 10.1534/genetics.111.132381. [Full Text]
A customized and versatile high-density genotyping array for the mouse
Yang H, Ding Y, Hutchins LN, Szatkiewicz J, Bell TA, Paigen BJ, Graber JH, de Villena FP, Churchill GA.
Nat Methods. 2009 Sep;6(9):663-6. PMCID: PMC2735580 [Full Text]
High-density array: how it was done
Find out how it was constructed, and how it can accelerate your research.
New Array Can Give Detailed Genetic Profile of Any Mouse
JAX® NOTES Issue 515, Fall 2009
Watch an interview of Gary Churchill answering the following questions:
- How did you choose the array’s SNPs? (4:08)
- How did you ensure the array’s reliability? (2:07)
- How are IGPs different from SNPs, and how will they increase the array’s utility? (4:23)
- What are some of the quality control measures you used to validate the array? (3:28)
- What will be some to the most important uses of the array? (2:41)
- How will the array help researchers identify genes associated with disease? (3:35)
The Jackson Laboratory now offers a JAX Mouse Diversity Genotyping Array Service utilizing this innovative genotyping microarray.